Mr. Marion Hendrickson
Mr. Marion Hendrickson teaches the beginning band students in 4th & 5th Grades. Marion has taught instrumental music at the elementary, middle school, and high school levels in schools in Iowa and Illinois. He has also been a church musician for a number of years, working with adult and children’s choirs, handbells, and instrumentalists. He performs on the tuba with Madison area ensembles, and also plays organ and piano.
Bachelor of Music, Iowa State University
Saint John School uses Overture Band Programs to provide opportunities for students to participate in band starting in 4th grade. The Overture Band Program is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing instrumental music education through quality band programs.
Students in 4th-7th grades joining band will:
- Receive a weekly 25-minute, semi-private lesson
- Receive a weekly 30-minute group band rehearsal
- Perform in 2 concerts each year
- Receive progress reports twice per year
They will learn:
- How to play an instrument
- Correct care and handling of their instrument
- How to read music
- To play various types of music
- To follow a conductor
- To develop an effective appreciation of music
- More advanced students will have the opportunity to perform at the Wisconsin School Music Association district Solo & Ensemble Festival and join the Overture Honor Band.
Tuition is approximately $450 and students must register with Saint John School or by contacting Overture Band Programs at 608-877-1313 or email@example.com. More information can be found at the Overture Band Programs web site located at http://overturebandprograms.weebly.com.